Frequently Asked Questions
- My company has an Equanet Account, how do I register a new user?
- To gain access to www.equanet.co.uk individuals within an organisation simply register as users against their company account number. After clicking the 'Register as User' link, you will be taken to the 'Register as a Web User' page. The registration process asks for your key contact details and validates those details before creating your username and logging you in. Your username will be your e-mail address.
- Can I pay for products on my account?
- Yes – if your account is set up in such a way. You will be invoiced accordingly according to the goods and services you have purchased. Goods bought on credit must be paid for by 30 days from our invoice date. (See out terms & conditions).
- Can I pay for products with a credit or debit card?
- We accept all major credit and debit cards online. If you have a business account with us you can choose to purchase on account in which case you will be invoiced for your goods.
- Can I view past invoices?
- To view and print invoices for your account, click the 'Recent Invoices' link, found on the 'Account' tab menu when logged in. By default the page will display all invoices produced for your account in the past month. The search filter at the top of the screen can be used to find invoices by invoice number, order number, period, date and customer purchase order number. Once the relevant invoice has been found, click the 'View Invoice' link to open the view in a new window. From here you can print the invoice or credit if required.
- Where can I see the financial state of my account?
- Quite simply, click the “Account Finances” link from the 'Account' tab to see a quick summary of your available credit, credit limit and outstanding balance. This function can/may be restricted for privacy purposes.
- What are my Favourite Products?
- Users have the opportunity to create and manage lists of their favourite or standard products within the account section of the site. When viewing a product, there are two links in the middle column, offering you the chance to 'Add to Personal Favourites' or 'Add to Account favourites'. Personal Favourites is a list of products only visible to the user who created it. Account Favourites is a list of products viewable by all users on an account. To access either list of favourite products, simply select 'Favourites' from the 'Account' tab menu. You can add, remove and reorder (drag and drop) products in the favourites lists by clicking the 'Edit Account/Personal Favourites' link. You can even create sub-headed sections, and move those around by clicking 'Edit Account/Personal Favourites' and then selecting 'Add New Section' from the bottom of the page. If a product becomes obsolete, it will be highlighted as no longer available but not deleted so that you can choose an alternative product.
- Who are my account team?
- You can see the members of your account team by clicking on the relevant link within the My Account section. For the majority of Equanet customers you have the support of a dedicated Account Manager and in some cases external staff to liaise with also. Your Account Manager can ensure their contact details are displayed along with any extra information they may wish to publish to a 'Your Account Team' page, available by clicking on the link shown under the 'My Account' tab or upon initial login. If at the time of viewing your Account Manager is in the office and logged in too, you will see a link to invite them to 'chat'. A new window will open allowing a free text chat online.
- How do I Manage Bundles?
- Equanet gives users the opportunity to create and manage bundles of more than one item. When viewing a product users have the option to 'Add to Bundle' from the right hand menu on any product page. To add another item to the bundle simply find the next product and repeat the process. Once the bundle is complete simply give the bundle a product code of your choice and a description and click the 'Save Bundle' link. Those details will then be saved under the 'My Account' tab and then 'Manage Bundles' link. As with 'Favourites' it is a great way to save items bought together for repeat purchases.
- Where can I see ‘Saved Quotes’?
- Within the site's functionality, your Account Manager has the ability to create a quotation on our back office system which is then available for you to view, edit, and add to basket to buy online. Also if searching for products, once you have found the items that you require it may be that users need to gain authorisation to place an order, or check with a colleague on the technical suitability. To this end, we offer the ability to 'Save a basket for later' in the right hand menu of the 'Your Basket' page. Simply click on this link, give the basket a description, and the basket will be saved for one month. To access your quotes and saved baskets simply click this link from the 'My Account' menu.
- Where do I change my user settings?
- Click 'Update User Settings' link under the 'My Account' tab to Change Your Password, to Update Your User Details, or Change your Email Confirmation Preferences; the email that is sent by us to confirm receipt of your order.
- Can I change my account password?
- When logged-in, listed under the 'My Account' tab, click this link to change your password, entering it twice to confirm accuracy.
- How does the Requisition Approval process work?
- We can help customers to map their procurement processes to our secure electronic order approval system. We understand that within organisations there are:
- Some people who specify products but cannot buy them
- There is a hierarchy to approving IT buying
- Requirements to restrict user access to our website
- Can I print out orders and invoices?
- It's quick and easy to view and print invoices, statements and credit notes for your account.
- Log in with your username and password (new users register)
- From the Account menu (in the top navigation section) select Recent Invoices.
- Find the order/invoice/credit note you require on the page and click the link to view the document. By default the page shows orders for the previous thirty days, use the search box to view older orders.
- When do you ship orders?
- Orders placed for items which are in stock, before 4pm, are normally despatched same day for next business day delivery. If an item is on back-order, an expected lead time is shown on the product at the time of order. This is when we expect to receive the goods from our supplier. Once the supplier delivery has been received, we will dispatch goods for next business day delivery. If an order is placed for a mixture of in and out-of-stock items, we do not part-ship automatically. If you wish to have your in-stock goods shipped immediately contact your account manager who will arrange this for you.
- When will my orders arrive?
- You will receive your order between 8am and 6pm during the week and a signature will be required on delivery. If there is nobody present to sign for the parcel, notification of attempted delivery will be left and you will be required to organise, direct with the carrier, alternative delivery arrangements.
- Where are my orders?
- Orders placed on your account can be tracked using the 'Order History' link, found on the 'My Account' tab menu when logged in. After clicking this option all orders placed on your account, both online and placed conventionally, i.e. fax or email, can be seen with any delivery date information. This screen also shows expected date information for any outstanding items. By default the page will display all orders placed on your account in the past 30 days.
- Can I track orders?
- You can track your orders online and obtain an online proof of delivery for most orders. To do this, simply log in to your account (or new users register), and from the Account menu select Order History. Here you will see all your orders placed with Equanet, and when an order has been dispatched you will see a link to Track Your Parcel. This link will show the progress of a delivery whilst in transit, and then, when it arrived and who signed for it. If, after trying that, you still have a query related to proof of delivery, please use our online Proof of Delivery form.
- Can I have more than one invoice address in my account?
- Yes - for customers who have the need to buy for more than one account, it is possible to switch between different business accounts without the need to have multiple passwords or to log out and then log back in again. By clicking on 'Invoice Addresses' on the 'My Account' tab menu, the user is given the option to select the relevant business and if necessary feature it as a default address too.
- Can I get our order confirmations sent to more than one person?
- Yes – within the Order Confirmation Settings, simply add more additional email address taking care to separate them with a comma.
- Can I change delivery addresses?
- Requests can be made to add, edit or delete delivery addresses on the site. This can be done by clicking the 'Delivery Addresses' link from the 'My Account' menu. Here users may also select a default address which they use more than others. For customers who require instant delivery address updates, please contact your account manager so that necessary security checks may be undertaken before we apply this feature.
- What are your delivery charges?
- Standard Next Business Day Delivery up to 20Kg: £9.99
Every further 20Kg or part: £9.99
Pre 12AM Next Business Day Delivery - up to 20Kg: £14.99
Every further 20Kg or part: £14.99
Pre 10AM Next Business Day Delivery - up to 20Kg: £19.99
Every further 20Kg or part: £19.99
UK delivery charges only
- My goods are faulty – how do I return them?
- All products are sold under the warranty specified by the particular manufacturer in question. The refund or replacement of products is strictly to individual manufacturers Dead On Arrival (DOA) policies. Contact our Customer Support team. If possible, have the product close at hand to assist our engineers in talking through possible solutions. If it is established that your product is faulty, our Customer Services department will arrange to collect the product and for a replacement product or refund to be issued. If products are returned to us because of a fault, the product will be tested upon receipt. If no fault is found, the product will be returned to you. If a hardware fault is found (recognised as such in accordance with the manufactures terms) and the applicable manufacturers DOA period is exceeded, then the product will be repaired under the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty. Please note: We regret that we are unable, under any circumstances to issue a credit note or refund monies for an opened software package, unless it is faulty. By breaking the seal, you have accepted the license agreement between yourself and the software manufacturer.
- My parcel is damaged on arrival – what do I do?
- If your parcel is damaged upon arrival, please sign for the parcel as unchecked. This will make it quicker and easier for us to process your claim and recover our loss from the carrier. Then, contact our Customer Services team within five days of the delivery date and follow the returns procedure above. Please note, it is essential that you advise us of the damage within five days of the delivery date to ensure that your claim is valid.
- Can I return Software?
- If the software is unopened, then follow the normal methods of returning goods. We regret that we are unable, under any circumstances to issue a credit note or refund monies for an opened software package, unless it is faulty. By breaking the seal, you have accepted the license agreement between yourself and the software manufacturer.
- The quantity of products delivered does not match the delivery note?
- Contact our Customer Services team within five days from the delivery date. We will compare the part number on the delivery note with the product you have and check with our warehouse to see if an error occurred there. We will arrange for collection of the unwanted product or despatch a follow-up order to you.
- Does the manufacturer’s warranty cover repairs
- In the case where it is established that Goods are faulty or defective in line with the individual manufacturer's warranty, most warranty repairs will be carried out on a return-to-Company basis. All parts and labour charges will be waived but the Customer is responsible for ensuring that the Goods are returned in their original packaging, or if this is not available, in a stout carton with high density foam providing at least 150mm clearance surrounding the entire product so as to ensure safe transit and ease of identification. In some instances the manufacturers warranty requires the Customer to contact the repair agent directly. If this is the case, the Customer will be informed by our customer service department.
- What is your Returns Policy?
- Visit this link for our Returns Policy
- How do I cancel an order?
- You cannot cancel a submitted order after the goods have been dispatched, unless this is agreed in writing by our authorized representative.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to the more commonly asked questions about Equanet, our services and solutions and trading with us